[NAFEX] Apple Rootstock in Czech Republic

hans brinkmann hans-brinkmann at t-online.de
Mon Aug 11 06:46:53 EDT 2008

hallo Ginda,

very nice, how you are watching Europe...

At Germany 100 % of Apple- and Pear-trees are grafts.
Only few special Plums and some Cherries are seedlings.
But your observation would be the same at Germany:
Almost all private orchards would have many different "ugly" apples with
often "ugly" leaves too.
With pears the same! Now-a-days no spraying at private gardens usually.
The typical apple at Germany may have or has spots and marks!
And many different tastes. But all are from (old) cultivars not from
seedlings.
Only apples from most fruit farmers are uniform and without any spots.
Apples at stores are probably almost worldwide all the same: more or
less tasteless cultivars
One of the only exceptions are e.g. Braeburn and Boskoop...

very slow Apple rootstocks at Germany with different resistance:
M 27     M 9 , M 26                                      Germany
J 9
Germany Jork
Pi-AU... different ...also called Supporter1, 2, Germany Pillnitz
PI 80                                       Supporter 4     Germany
O 3                                                                Canada
P 22,  and many other numbers                      Poland
B 9      and many other numbers                     Russia
Bemali                                                           Sweden
D 1071                                                          Ukraine
Mark 9,    Mac 9                                           USA
CG 10, 24, 60                                               USA
J-TE-E,   -F, -G, -H   ...                                 Czech Republic

ciao
Hans