[NAFEX] butternuts and rhubarb and blackberries

Deb S debs913 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 21:43:53 EDT 2008

Thanks everyone for all the help on my butternut tree.  I have emailed the
USFS about the tree...sounds like an interesting and valuable project.  It
will be good to know if this is a hybrid or not.

On the rhubarb...I don't actually more the plants around, just have planted
roots in several locations.  All the locations have been full sun, though,
so I have a nice sheltered, part sun place picked out for yet another
attempt.

On the blackberry discussion...I grew them for about a decade and found that
some years berries were wonderful and others they were quite sour.  Plus you
always had to pick them dead ripe.  Not a very commercial product!

deb