[NAFEX] Novice grower report

Ernest Plutko ernestplutko at wiktel.com
Fri Aug 8 11:00:27 EDT 2008

I had red Lake currants for years but finally tore them out because I
didn't like their taste.  My wife heard me talking about buying
currants this Spring. She bought me a Red Lake currant.  product of
Canada.  Didn't want it but had to plant it.  It produced a few
berries which had a great tart taste.  Much different than my former
currants.  The currants were brighter red than before and a little
smaller. Are there different varieties of Red Lake currants?