[NAFEX] root pruning mistake

Bassem Samaan bassem at gardener.com
Thu Aug 7 07:21:44 EDT 2008

 Alan,
I respect your opinion, but based on my experience with leaving branches
unpruned after the roots had penetrated I got trees that became very
weak. I had die back, fruitlessness,  and in some cases the trees died.
What happens is the fine roots are now on the outside of the pot. When
these are cut the branches demand nutrients that the thick roots inside
the pot are not able to supply.

Bassem Samaan
zone 6, Pa
www.angelfire.com/pa5/bass