[NAFEX] a disturbing observatio on honeycrip apples

fuwa fuwa usagi fuwafuwausagi at muchomail.com
Sat Aug 2 01:11:32 EDT 2008

Well this year I faced for the first time a new pest, the Japanese beetle.  My yard, apparently was a paradise for them.  I a have never encounter these loathsome creatures before, nor do I ever wish to again.  they devastated my cherry and plum trees, ate my raspberries and devoured my grape plants...I noticed they avoided my pear tree and all my apple tree but on variety, they singled out my honeycrips, all three of them even though interplanted with other apple trees!!!

I can only speak of my yard, but with 18 varieties, I find it odd that the only damage is to each of the three honeycrisp trees.

the fluffy bunny