[NAFEX] figs

jas39a at earthlink.net jas39a at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 1 13:35:32 EDT 2008

Fresh figs are wonderful.  Our bush is loaded this year, and we will have at least a bushel of ripe figs to deal with (fortunately, they don't all get ripe at once).  I live at the northern edge of where they can be successfully grown outside (zone 7a). The tree dies back every year to the height that I mulch it, but it sprouts anew every spring, and we have enough heat, and a long enough growing season, to ripen them.  And, as a bonus, deer completely ignore figs.  I treasure my tree.

Eddie Earles