[NAFEX] Fw: slugs as food

Hilborn.E at epamail.epa.gov Hilborn.E at epamail.epa.gov
Fri Aug 1 11:55:34 EDT 2008

Here is a site claiming to list edible molluscs.
http://www.manandmollusc.net/molluscan_food_files/molluscan_food_terrestrial.html

However they make a valid disclaimer at the top about toxins, and of
course thorough cooking is needed to kill pathogens/ parasites.

Bon appetit!

"What about slugs? Are they edible? We eat escargot, a snail carrying
its
shell, so I have started wondering about slugs. I can tell you that they
are
plentiful in this part of the world right now, with the unusual overcast

skies and daily downpours we have been having. We find slugs everywhere.
It
would be pointless to tell you what they are capable of when they are
present in great numbers.
However, if we though of them as a source of easily accessible protein,
then
it could be seen as a bonus....
Any comments or recipes?

Hélène, zone 4, north of Ottawa"