[NAFEX] squirrels as food

Hélène Dessureault interverbis at videotron.ca
Fri Aug 1 11:16:59 EDT 2008

Dear all,
What about slugs? Are they edible? We eat escargot, a snail carrying its
shell, so I have started wondering about slugs. I can tell you that they are
plentiful in this part of the world right now, with the unusual overcast
skies and daily downpours we have been having. We find slugs everywhere. It
would be pointless to tell you what they are capable of when they are
present in great numbers.
However, if we though of them as a source of easily accessible protein, then
it could be seen as a bonus....
Any comments or recipes?

Hélène, zone 4, north of Ottawa