[NAFEX] Squirrels

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Fri Aug 1 08:42:10 EDT 2008

Hello Alan,

If your trees are spaced such that they can't travel from tree top to tree
top you can wrap an aluminum sheet about 1 meter long around the tree. Bob
Foncannon who had a commercial carpathian orchard in Michigan purchased (cheap) al.
sheets from a printer that were used in the printing process. Mid summer he
loosely nailed them around the trunks which provided a meter area where the
tree rat couldn't get his climbing nails into. After harvest the sheets were
removed and stored until the next season.  Every tree in his orchard was summer
wrapped.

For those who would feed them hot lead: I use 22 CB shorts in a single shot
rifle. CB shorts use a gun powder that that takes a smidgen longer to burn.
Thus the report is low (4 neighbors within 300 meters each side, don't complain
about hearing my shooting), muzzle speed is less (reducing distance of travel
if I miss), and is lethal.

Jerry

Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for
FanHouse Fantasy Football today.