[NAFEX] squirrels

Alan Haigh alandhaigh at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 06:41:10 EDT 2008

Thanks members for the squirrel recipe ideas although my question was not
how I should put the corpses to use, but how to keep them from the trees of
squeamish rich people who never have to do any of their own killing and who
live in a county where guns are banned.  I'm still hoping someone will come
up with an affective baffle that only takes 2 or 3 minutes to install.

I googled the Kania trap and I'm considering the purchase of one but I'd
like to hear from someone who's tried the design before blowing almost $100
on the purchase. I generally have not found trapping to be an adequate
control because after a time the animals stop going into the traps and my
customers don't want to deal with the animals anyway, dead or alive.  I
didn't get into this business to become a full time pest exterminator which
would fit my job description if I had to spend every day tending to traps
and killing squirrels.

I may just have to accept the losses in business and hope I continue to have
enough customers with aggressive varmint chasing dogs to stay afloat.
Thankfully not every site has squirrel issues, especially where there is a
lot of open meadow between forest and orchard or where there are no oaks or
hickories in nearby woods. It is painful to have customers call you to say
their fruit has been stripped after they have paid dearly for the hope of a
successful harvest.

Thanks again, Alan Haigh