[NAFEX] Subject: Plastic Straws for Mason Bees

Toni Pralle toni.pralle at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 20:39:31 EST 2007

>When I first got interested in Mason Bees and had ordered some cardboard
straws for them, I thought to try plastic tubing.  Since I make maple syrup
and gather sap with (vinyl) plastic tubing, I decided to try that tubing
since it is 5/16" diameter inside.  I stuffed as many as would fit into
Campbell's soup cans and fixed them tightly near the cardboard straws. >

Jim, did you cut your tubing the depth of the can or did you make them a
little shorter so the can would protect the front of the tubes a little? And
how did you attach the can? A screw through the bottom?

--
Toni in zone 4 Iowa USA
http://www.stopanimalid.org/