[NAFEX] Training Videos

dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com
Wed Nov 28 16:03:59 EST 2007

Growers can purchase two training videos from the Penn State Cooperative Extension -- Adams County, each of which covers issues that are pertinent to apple growers. "Apple Harvest Training" outlines tips for the labor force including appropriate clothing and preparation for the day, ladder safety, handling skills, and spot picking and hauling. "Pruning & Training Apple Trees" covers issues in apple growing including basic principles, new strategies to improve fruit, and quality in modern plantings.  I have used the Pruning and Training  video extensively this past March for training our pruning crews and the result was one of the best crops we have ever had.  I highly recommend the videos to anyone who prunes and trains fruit trees.

 The videos, which are both available in Spanish and English versions, cost $35 each or $55 for the set. For more information, click here

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com
http://www.revivalhymn.com