[NAFEX] Cornus Kousa revisit

Ginda Fisher list at ginda.us
Mon Nov 26 23:15:28 EST 2007

I can't help you with seeds, but I can offer encouragement.  I once tasted
a kousa that was pretty good:  sweet, custardy pulp around a few large
seeds.  (within the inedible, spikey rind.)  I've also tasted several as
you describe: mealy with a bitter after taste.  It's because of that good
one that I keep trying them.

I have a feeling this will take a lot of work, though, since they take a
while to mature, and even the tasty ones are sort of marginal.
___
Ginda