[NAFEX] Picking Raspberries

Del Stubbs northernlights2n at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 26 08:56:37 EST 2007

A method we found helpful this year in raspberry picking that really cut down on handling time was to find a small bucket that  a pint container easily fit into. We hang the bucket on our neck with a soft rope and - without having to look - place the berries in it. They funnel down into the pint container - which, as soon as it's full,  we put a lid on. We freeze them as soon as we are done picking without handling the berries again. This is especially helpful for soft / fragile berries like Boyne that cannot stand much handling. I think the bucket was a half gallon peanut butter bucket.
Del