[NAFEX] Mason Bee Site and Plans

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Sun Nov 25 13:18:33 EST 2007

I have used pieces of plastic 4 x 4 "lumber" made of recycled plastic.
It is sold for decks.  With 5/16 inch holes drilled in it, the bees
like it a lot.  They can clean the holes easily because of the
smoothness of the plastic.  They are still vulnerable to predators, but
usually only the first two or three cells in the tube are attacked.
With straws, the predators go down the straw and punch a hole at each
cell.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.