[NAFEX] Late fireblight

Ed Fackler ed.fackler at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 08:34:15 EST 2007

Al:

     Late season (post bloom) blight can be caused by hail, even wind trauma
(often at night time when folks are unaware), leafhopper feeding (as you
mention below) and stinkbug feeding.  Also the amount of host (nearby)
bacteria plays a role of this incidence I think.  I suspect that
hail/windstorm trauma is the most common cause (east of the Rockies anyway).

ed