[NAFEX] varmints and netting

Alan Haigh alandhaigh at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 03:59:48 EST 2007

Once again, I will suggest the use of white woven netting over the black
monofilament.  To stop crows you don't even need to tie the netting around
the tree in my experience.  Just throwing it over the top and tying a couple
corners around branches will do.  Other bird species  need to be excluded
top and bottom.  If the tree is a bit too large for the netting I tie the
net to itself with multiple knots to make navigation impossible for smaller
birds.  Monofilament is a cheap waste of time even if you don't mind
untangeling dead or dying animals.