[NAFEX] Pitting Chokecherries

Jim Fruth jfruth at tds.net
Fri Nov 23 09:15:43 EST 2007

    When I was picking Chokecherries, I encountered a couple who make pie
out of them.  When I asked them how they removed the pits, they said they
don't.  They spit out the seeds before they swallow.
    There must be someone who has succeeded in pitting wild cherries because
there are three Chokecherry Festivals where everything Chokecherry is
offered for sale.  The three are Lewistown, Montana, Lander, Wyoming  and
Lancer Saskatchewan.
    Do any of you know how to remove the pits?

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN  56472
For jams, jellies & syrups: