[NAFEX] Primocane bearing red raspberries

Diane Whitehead voltaire at islandnet.com
Thu Nov 22 15:42:56 EST 2007

I find that the fall raspberries only taste good while it is still
warm out.  Even by mid October they are really sour.  They look nice
added to some sweeter fruit, so I am still picking them, but I don't
eat them as I pick.

I have Autumn Bliss and Boyne, but I am giving away the Boyne to a
nephew with ten acres.  They need to  be where the climate is mean, or
where the surroundings are vaster  than my half acre.   I put in six
plants last year, have been pulling out new shoots regularly, but they
form a solid block about 13 metres  long and 3 metres wide. They are
vigorous enough to be able to outgrow the munchings of  deer, elk and
probably moose as well.

Are there any that continue to be sweet into November?  A few years
ago when I asked the same question, someone recommended Amity,
developed in Oregon.  I haven't found a source for it yet.

Diane Whitehead
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
maritime zone 8, cool Mediterranean climate
mild rainy winters, mild dry summers