[NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 58, Issue 25

Stephen Sadler Docshiva at Docshiva.org
Thu Nov 22 04:02:55 EST 2007

It's an odor eliminator, Febreze.  It contains a cyclodextrin, which are
dexterous at odor removal, essentially corralling compounds we would detect
as stinky within their donut-like structure.  The odiferous compounds then
can't contact our receptors, so no smell.

Insecticidal soap works pretty well, but only against soft-bodied things.
Aphids, for instance.  Might not be good for amphibians.  I wrote about
those here before, sometime...

Ah, well.  Just passing time while the last pie bakes.  The pies explore
common fruits, pie pumpkins and Granny Smith apples...

Happy Thanksgiving,
Stephen

-----Original Message-----
From: nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Donna &/or Kieran
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 8:18 PM
To: North American Fruit Explorers
Subject: Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 58, Issue 25

My husband and I have been trying to figure out what Febreze is too.  With a

name like that we figured it was something for adding chemical smells to the

air.  I'm not surprised someone had a bad reaction to it, I probably would
too.  When we were trapped in town for several years, I used to get really
annoyed that it was legal and acceptable for our next door neighbor to fill
our backyard with the smell of cheap perfume from his dryer, while it was
illegal for me to make him put up with pig stink.
    I am surprised though at Alan's ignorance.  I thought soap was for
getting the dirt off to go work on Monday morning.  I only recently
discovered it kills bugs, but for me it only kills them when they happen to
feel like dying.    Donna

sites.
permission!

No exceptions.