[NAFEX] Tasty Japanese hybrid plums for hot and humid areas?

Scott Smith scott at cs.jhu.edu
Tue Nov 20 15:13:59 EST 2007

Richard, I am growing many domestica plums and they seem to be
working fine (besides taking a long time to fruit).  This last year I
got many plums on my French prune and they were wonderful.  It is on
the Japanese side I am looking for good plums, I like the tang of
Japanese plums.  Methley is "the" plum for Maryland in terms of
popularity and it clearly does very well but I have had a lot of
mediocre tasting ones.  The Shiro I have is also not super
impressive, those plums are a bit bland.  The best-tasting Japanese
type I have found in this area is Superior.

Scott