[NAFEX] grape netting

Erdman, James ErdmanJ at uwstout.edu
Tue Nov 20 12:50:04 EST 2007

I have been trying to find large sized (width of the roll of material,
not size of mesh) for years and would appreciate any sources of netting
suitable for small trees, such as North Star cherry.  Needs to be 30
feet wide at least, and 50+ feet long, the longer the better.  I haven't
really found anything suitable, even after having asked the list here
for a few years.

Thanks.

Jim Erdman, in Menomonie, WI

> I have found that woven propelyne netting is much easier to deal with
> than the black mono-filament.

Oh, yes! I tried a couple of the black mono-filament nets, and they
snagged on EVERYTHING. Since I was putting the netting on by myself, it
was a real nightmare.

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)
tp://www.nafex.org/