[NAFEX] Late grapes

lonrom at hevanet.com lonrom at hevanet.com
Mon Nov 19 22:03:13 EST 2007

You found some secondary clusters.   They occur naturally on grapes.  Some varieties and
species are more prone to them than others. Wild Vitis sylvestris (the  ancestor of V.
vinifera)
grapes can put out a fairly large crop of secondaries.  It probably is a survival
mechanism as
it means that some of the fruit ripens later and wouldn't be eaten by the same creatures
that
get the main crop, so the seeds would be spread in different ways.
Point is, don't worry about them.  They actually mean your vine has good conditions and
good vigor that it's able to do that.
-Lon Rombough