[NAFEX] Fwd: "Skinny" Peach Trees Are Space Savers

dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com
Thu Nov 15 20:12:03 EST 2007

Ginda,

I have not planted the Crimson Rocket, but we have been using the "columnar"
training system for the past 3 years with 12 different varieties of peaches.
It is very important to keep the scaffold crotch angles at 90 degrees if
possible.  If they are less than 90 degrees, the crotches get cankers in
them and the scaffolds will break off with the weight of the fruit.  If
anyone is interested I can post photos of our trees.

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com
http://www.revivalhymn.com