[NAFEX] Plum Curculio Resistant Cultivars

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Wed Nov 14 09:13:27 EST 2007

Beach plums (P. maritima) seem to have a mechanism for resisting PC by
encapsulating the egg in a drop of sap that quickly hardens.  I've seen
fruits of this species where most of the fruits had a little drop of
hardened sap on the fruit, but no curculio infestation inside.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.