[NAFEX] Asian Lady Beetles

Jim Fruth jfruth at tds.net
Wed Nov 14 09:11:53 EST 2007

    Several years ago there were billions of Asian Lady Beetles here.  There
were so many crawling on the windows that they blocked the light.  Every
time we opened the door, several thousand flew inside.  They were in the
peanut butter, drowning in the coffee, trying to crawl up my nose, etc, etc.
It was a pestilence, a plague.  They were everywhere and in everything; they
taste terrible.
    Fortunately, they haven't been as bad in subsequent years but every time
I see a group of them crawling the outside wall near the door I zap them
hoping the few I kill might serve to prevent another horde.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN  56472
For jams, jellies & syrups:
www.bberryfarm.com
(877)265-6856 [Store]
(218)831-7018 [My Cell]

Hi,

I like ladybugs.  Lady bugs eat aphids.  The more ladybugs the better.  If
they congregate on a wall, more power to them.  A few getting into the house
is fine.

Just my opinion.

Later,
Tom