[NAFEX] brown-rot resistance in stone-fruit.

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Wed Nov 14 08:23:25 EST 2007

In a message dated 11/14/2007 7:19:08 AM Eastern Standard Time,
alandhaigh at gmail.com writes:

> I'm also curious about brown-rot resistance in stone-fruit.

I can tell you of one that isn't resistant. I have a donut peach from Starks
that has born fruit for maybe 6 years. Loaded most years. A really sweet
peach. But never get more than a few eatable fruits due to brown rot. Have a Starks
Delicious not nearly as susceptible, wonderful fruit. My spray program is
haphazard at best, but one or two years when I used two different fungicides more
frequently still no usable Donut "Saturn" fruit. I'll likely cut the tree
down as it is a source of BR spores, skeletons hang on all winter. Not a lazy
man's peach!

Jerry
5B