[NAFEX] apple flavorings and plum curculio

William C. Garthright billg at inebraska.com
Tue Nov 13 18:12:11 EST 2007

> I completely agree that Yellow Delicious has suffered in flavor in the
> course of breeding the russetting out of it.

This may be a foolish question, but how can they breed the russetting
out of a particular cultivar and still call it the same cultivar? I
thought that all trees of a certain cultivar were clones of the
original. Not so?

Thanks,

Bill
Lincoln, NE

--
There is no harm in doubt and skepticism, for it is through these that
new discoveries are made. - Richard Feynman