[NAFEX] Introduction of apples to North America - Coxe's book available free

mangodance bmn at iglou.com
Mon Nov 12 18:11:22 EST 2007

John Henderson wrote:
> One of the first apples introduced or developed in North America was
> the Rambo. Actually two of the first apples introduced or developed
> in North America are two different apples with Rambo in their name.
> Both are described in William Coxe's 1817 "A View of the Cultivation
> of Fruit Trees."

While this is a terrific topic (always interested in apple history) and
I don't possess the knowledge to add anything...it might interest folks
to know that you can peek at Coxe's, "A View Of The Cultivation Of And
The Management Of Orchards And Cider With Accurate Descriptions Of The
Most Estimable Varieties Of Native And Foreign Apples/Pears, Peaches,
Plums, And Cherries, Cultivated In The Middle States Of America!" by
clicking here (and choosing which format you want):

http://www.archive.org/details/viewofcultivatio00coxerich

enjoy!