[NAFEX] Introduction of apples to North America

sdw12986 at aol.com sdw12986 at aol.com
Mon Nov 12 00:11:29 EST 2007

For what it's worth, I live in an area with zero honey bees. I have
lived here for 30 years now and only once, about 5 years ago, do I
believe I spotted a single honey bee on a white clover in my yard. He
flew away before I could get a really good look and I'm not sure even
that one was really a honey bee. (I have seen honey bees in good
numbers in neighboring towns as close as 20 miles away.)

Anyway, I have 4 apple trees and several other fruit trees. The apples
especially have a high fruit set and thinning is required in any year
with a normal number of flowers. My trees get pollinated by small
native bees and, sometimes, a few bumble bees.

Steve (In the Adirondacks)