[NAFEX] Some interesting fruit facts

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar parmarch_mnd at dataone.in
Thu Nov 8 00:05:13 EST 2007

Dear NAFEXRs,

    Do you know that:
    a.. Jackfruit is the LARGEST fruit.
    b.. Date palm is the EARLIEST fruit known to man.
    c.. The FIRST book on fruits was written in China and was on litchi.
    d.. Banana tree bears only once in its life.
    e.. Camucamu has the HIGHEST vitamin C content among all fruits.
I am collecting such type of interesting facts on fruits.  I have already collected over two dozen such pieces of information.

I am sure that many of you must knowing similar facts.

I shall be grateful if the same could be mailed to me.

After I have a sizeable collection, I shall start sharing it with the list members.

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
Horticultural Consultant on Lesser Known Indian Plants
www.lesserknownindianplants.com