[NAFEX] Tart Apples

Douglas Woodard dwoodard at becon.org
Sun Nov 4 01:25:46 EST 2007

As grown in Ontario I find it too sour for its not very interesting
flavour in most years. In sunny years it can be pleasant, and well grown
and well ripened samples can be reasonably good most years.

I have heard good things about its keeping qualities, and I have heard a
commercial grower say that it is *too* easy to grow, to expect a good
price. It seems to have lost a lot of consumer popularity in the last
few years with the rise of Gala, Fuji, Braeburn, and many new apples.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada