[NAFEX] Fwd: Can you identify this? (mIEKAL aND)

Shirley Murphy samurphy at isp.com
Thu May 31 13:34:22 EDT 2007

Thanks mIEKAL for your inquiries which gave me the information to find photos of the specific critters.  Here is a great link http://149.168.1.196/nrid/getDataPub.php?pid=15
Thanks Lon and Robert for your explanations and assurances.  Now I can take pleasure in observing  them.
Shirley

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 06:08:35 -0700
From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom at hevanet.com>
Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Fwd: Can you identify this?
To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex at lists.ibiblio.org>
.

When these sorts of mites affect grapes, as Dr. Dahl says, they only
cause cosmetic damage and can be ignored.  Usually native predator
mites build up and control them, or if the vines are treated for
powdery mildew, the sulfur used as a mildew control also kills the
mites.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.
For growing supplies and more;  http://www.grapegrowersolutions.com