[NAFEX] Poisonous Garden Huckleberry?

athagan at atlantic.net athagan at atlantic.net
Thu May 31 09:55:55 EDT 2007

All of the ripe fruit photos of Deadly Nightshade (Atropa belladonna)
that I can find in a Google image search show black colored berries
which is consistent with what I recall from the reference books.

In doing the search though I believe I have been misidentifying the
nightshade that is very common at my place.  I think it's not Atropa
belladonna at all, but rather Black Nightshade which seems to have
more than one binomial name in the quicky search I just did.  I'm
going to have to search out a blossoming plant now to see if it
actually is.  It's a common weed here.

.....Alan.