[NAFEX] Saskatoons

Chex chex.rice at gmail.com
Tue May 29 12:51:06 EDT 2007

One of the best links I have found on serviceberries is
http://plants.usda.gov/java/profile?symbol=AMELA
There is a map of the native range of all of the serviceberries.
Another good link is Plants For A Future's page on serviceberries
http://pfaf.org/database/search_name.php?ALLNAMES=Amelanchier
PFAF gives edibility ratings on the wild native serviceberries and
could be a starting point for a serviceberry explorer.  I just wish I
had more land to be able to work with finding a suitable native strain
for the locals.

Chris
zone 5a, IL