[NAFEX] Dying pecan- can I determine variety of survivor?

Lucky Pittman lucky.pittman at murraystate.edu
Tue May 29 12:11:27 EDT 2007

At 11:06 AM 5/29/2007, Betsy wrote:
>Question: is there any way to verify the variety that I have living so
>that I can purchase a proper replacement variety as a pollinator?

Until it produces nuts, I'd say you'd have a difficult time verifying
that it is, indeed, Pawnee.

Topgun may have the answer, but I'm not aware that there are any
particular features, as regards growth habit, bud/leaf morphology,
etc. that would allow *me* to differentiate Pawnee from any other
particular pecan variety.

Lucky