[NAFEX] Garden Huckleberry

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Thu May 24 19:34:53 EDT 2007

They are pleasant, but they don't have acid.  The flavor isn't tomato,
but you can tell they are in that family.   I've never made preserves
because I don't make preserves.   The main trouble with Wonderberries
is that between the small size of the berries and the juiciness, they
are terribly tedious to pick in quantity and clean for processing.  You
wind up with a bowl of juice that has a lot of debris in it.  I just
keep a few around to nibble.  Even ground cherries (Physalis) are a lot
easier to work with.  If wonderberries were larger, they might be
easier to work with.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.
For growing supplies and more;  http://www.grapegrowersolutions.com