[NAFEX] Huckleberry

Jim Fruth jfruth at tds.net
Thu May 24 08:28:54 EDT 2007

Michael wrote:  "That might be part of it.  It is also difficult to
propagate vegetatively.  On top of that, it is ill
adapted to growing at lower elevations or areas where
there is no snow cover in the winter."

Michael

Michael,
    The dozen plants I managed to buy were tissue cultured.  More are
available.  I purchased them from someone in Washington State.
    My elevation here is 1480'.  We had no snow this past Winter and 9 of 12
plants survived.  Normally I do get snow so, if no snow is a requirement, I
could always put a 5-gallon bucket over them.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN  56472
For jams, jellies & syrups: