[NAFEX] Huckleberry

road's end farm organic101 at linkny.com
Wed May 23 10:20:52 EDT 2007

I have a friend who loves huckleberries, but swears that they can't be
cultivated. I recently had an email from her on this subject. (This
would be the western version; she has a friend in Montana who picks
wild ones for her.)

My friend doesn't actually know anything much about farming, and is not
a gardener, so I wondered if her information is correct. Jim, did you
find other people who were cultivating them, but who didn't want to
sell plants? or were they all wild harvesting?

Of course, if they aren't ordinarily cultivated, I expect some NAFEXers
will take it as a challenge ...

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly