[NAFEX] plum tree that fell last year and question

Stephen Sadler Docshiva at Docshiva.org
Tue May 22 14:17:57 EDT 2007

What size plums are these?

~ Stephen

  _____

From: nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Dianne Stephany
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 10:01 AM
To: North American Fruit Explorers
Subject: [NAFEX] plum tree that fell last year and question

Hi

The Van plum tree that fell flat last year during the hurricane winds has
fruit set. We just trimmed off a little more than 1/3 of the length of the
branches and staked it up.  It came through the winter fine and has more
fruit on it than its neighbor.  I guess if you are a plant and you think you
are going to die you might put everything into fruit when you can!

Now the question is: How do I thin plums ??  We never had enough to even
think about thinning before this.

Thanks for the help!

 <http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/gateway.aspx?S=5176697856>