[NAFEX] plum tree that fell last year and question

Dianne Stephany iluvdanc at rochester.rr.com
Tue May 22 13:00:59 EDT 2007

My VistaPrint Electronic Business CardHi
The Van plum tree that fell flat last year during the hurricane winds has fruit set. We just trimmed off a little more than 1/3 of the length of the branches and staked it up.  It came through the winter fine and has more fruit on it than its neighbor.  I guess if you are a plant and you think you are going to die you might put everything into fruit when you can!

Now the question is: How do I thin plums ??  We never had enough to even think about thinning before this.

Thanks for the help!