[NAFEX] Saskatoons

Ginda Fisher list at ginda.us
Tue May 22 06:42:56 EDT 2007

I'm sure the problem people have with cultivated juneberries and
humidity are due to the geographic origin of the domestic cultivars.
The wild ones I pick live on the edge of islands on Lake Winnepasauke
in NH, where there's lots of summer rain and humidity (and they are
literally hanging over standing water) and they are clean and
healthy.  It might be worth looking for local native seedlings rather
than relying on Canadian prairie stock, if you live in a humid place.

Ginda