[NAFEX] pecan problem

Lucky Pittman lucky.pittman at murraystate.edu
Mon May 21 10:28:38 EDT 2007

At 10:02 AM 5/20/2007, Hans wrote:
>Also, Nolin River Nut Tree Nursery in Kentucky:
>http://www.nolinnursery.com
I agree, and recommend NRNTN highly.  John & Lisa Brittain are friends.
They have perhaps the most extensive collection of northern/far
northern pecans, hickories, black walnuts, butternuts, Carpathian
walnuts, persimmon and pawpaw varieties you'll find anywhere.

But, again, I'm not certain that I'd recommend many, if any, of the
northern/midwestern/far northern pecan varieties for the hot humid
Southeastern US, where they get sufficient heat units/growing degree
days for the large Southern type pecans to mature and fill their nuts.

Lucky