[NAFEX] the Bees(Earthworms)

Lucky.Pittman at murraystate.edu Lucky.Pittman at murraystate.edu
Sun May 20 23:20:48 EDT 2007

I'd not had occasion to notice bees this year - and after the Easter Big Freeze Disaster, it didn't matter if
anything had been pollenated or not.

But, this morning I was parked out in the pasture with the cows watching for signs of estrus in the heifers, and
noticed that honeybees were very present, and all quite busy working the blossoms of the meadow buttercup which
has taken over some of my pastures in the last 2-3 years.

I'm not aware of anyone in the neighborhood who has hives, so I presume these are all wild honeybees.

Lucky Pittman
Hopkinsville, KY