[NAFEX] Northline Serviceberry (Chex)

Doc Lisenby longdistshtr at shtc.net
Sun May 20 16:29:30 EDT 2007

I don't know if you have the same problem I have with Serviceberry but the
fruit is attacked every spring by Quince Rust here in SoCar.  This is the
first year in seven that they haven't been attacked and totally ruined by
the rust.  I guess it is because of the late cold spell we had.  I don't
depend on getting berries.  I just keep it around to baffle fruit "experts"
who have never seen them before.  There is a rust similar in appearance or
is the same which attacks my Mayhaw fruit.
Doc