[NAFEX] Problems with Honeycrisp Apples

Ed Fackler ed.fackler at gmail.com
Sun May 20 09:31:41 EDT 2007

Ginda:

     Am glad you referenced this primarily because I'd like to invite NAFEX
members to mark their calendar for the Annual Meeting of Midwest Apple
Improvement Ass'n (MAIA) who has used Honeycrisp in many crosses in attempts
to address some, if not most of these problems.

     Although more details will appear later, this year's meeting will be
held at Dawes Arboretum near Newark, OH *(www.dawesarb.org)* on Sat. Nov.
3.  Dawes is one the best kept secrets of diverse plantings east of the
Rockies.  Additionally the crux of the meeting is the evaluation process of
finding candidates for additional (cared-for) propagation/testing.

ed