[NAFEX] Poison Sumac Question

Doc Lisenby longdistshtr at shtc.net
Sun May 13 11:39:08 EDT 2007

Jim, as the ammunition magazine OIC at MCAS, Cherry Point, NC, I was
furnished with a US Forestry Service Agent.  He got lost in the swamps and
climbed a tree to find a way out.  So happens it was Poison Sumac and he got
a reaction from his feet to his face.  Not a pretty sight.  He never lived
it down.  The Marines called him Zorro for his marking trees with his
"sword".  He showed me my first "Princess Tree" which years later became a
familiar to me in tree farms as the Japanese demand for the wood became
profitable to the local farmers.
Doc