[NAFEX] finches in apple trees

tanis grif tanisgrif at yahoo.com
Tue May 8 10:09:28 EDT 2007

I have seen birds eating apple flower-buds too.  I think it was waxwings though.
Mine isn't a commercial orchard and the bird numbers weren't great.  But I had to
wonder if they were after the sugars.  Probably should have looked up what waxwings
usually eat.

Just an idea: try setting out trays of chopped fruits, see if they want apples or
bananas or citrus.  Might keep them off the trees' buds, except those waxwings I saw
where in the tops of trees.