[NAFEX] General fruit spray

dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com
Sat May 5 11:03:39 EDT 2007

Bass,

Bonide makes a fruit tree spray that contains Captan 12%, Malathion 6%, Carbaryl .3% and a spreader sticker.  It sell for around $8 at True value hardware ofr other garden supply stores.  You can find info on it online at  http://www.bonideproducts.com/products/fruittreespray.htm.

Newly emerging Plum curculio adults in the summer feed on apples for a short time, causing round feeding scars that penetrate the fruit about 1/4-inch.  Plum curculio is usually controlled with petal-fall and first-cover insecticide sprays directed at the adult before egg laying. Considerable egg-laying damage can occur over a short period of time. Where plum curculio has been a problem in the past, use preventive sprays at petal fall and first cover to reduce damage. Cool weather during petal fall may delay the immigration of the adults into the orchard. Under these conditions, a first-cover and possibly a second-cover spray may be needed to control plum curculio.  Hope this helps.

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com
http://www.revivalhymn.com