[NAFEX] Black Raspberry and freeze info

William C. Garthright billg at inebraska.com
Fri May 4 11:12:22 EDT 2007

> I have heard some reports from other areas in TN, and particularly in N Alabama and Georgia where spring was a bit more advanced, that the blackberries were severely damaged in some areas. As the black raspberries bloom a little later, they were possibly spared.

Some of my black raspberry canes died. Others, especially those closest
to my garage, were able to leaf out again. I don't know if these are
exactly "wild," but I didn't plant them (the birds did).

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

--
In every age 'the good old days' were a myth. No one ever thought they
were good at the time. For every age has consisted of crises that seemed